Chicken Tortilla Soup
Yields: 8 servings
Preptime: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 1/2 lbBoneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Diced
- 1/2 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Diced
- 2 quartsChicken Stock
- 1 canCasa Fiesta Jalapeño Relish
- 1 bunchCilantro, Chopped
- 6 tbspCumin
- 2 tspBlack Pepper
- 1Lg Onion, Diced
- 1Avocado, Diced (optional)
- 5Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 1 cupShredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 cupsVegetable Oil
- Cut tortillas into strips and set aside.
- Place the oil in a saucepot and heat the oil to 350°F.
- Fry the strips, then remove once they are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a stock pot, add the chicken stock, Jalapeño Relish, pepper, cilantro, diced onions, and cumin. Stir until mixed.
- Heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To serve, ladle the soup into a bowl, add fresh avocado if desired, fried tortilla strips and cheese.